CityLink tunnels and West Gate Bridge (M1) closures
Detour routes, alternate routes and maps
Signed detour routes
Long delays are expected at times on the detour routes. It is best to avoid them if possible. If you do need to use them, familiarise yourself with the detour routes using these maps:
Freeway entry/exit closures
The following closures are in place for the Burnley Tunnel closure:
- Eastbound - Exit from Bolte Bridge to the south eastern suburbs (Burnley Tunnel)
- Eastbound - Entry from Montague Street onto CityLink
- Westbound - Exit from Citylink onto Power Street.
Other closures will be put in place during peak traffic times:
- Eastbound - Entry from Punt Road onto CityLink
- Eastbound - Entry from Cremorne Street onto CityLink
These closures are to assist traffic flow and safety along the detour route.
Other changes along the detour route
Some other changes in place to assist traffic flow include:
- turn restrictions at the intersections of Swan Street/Batman Avenue, Linlithgow Avenue/Alexandra Avenue, Power Street/Kavanagh Street and Power Street/City Road
- traffic signal changes
- reduced speed limits.
Be aware of these changes and always follow the signs, line marking and any directions from the traffic management crew.